Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Path we were meant to take




By: Samantha S. Daviss

I believe we are all on the path we were meant to be on. It may not be the path we envisioned or dreamed of for ourselves; but I feel we are all right where we are intended to be. Whether you believe in fate, God, or who or whatever your belief is; I feel our paths were in place before we even started living and enjoying them.

You may think I am crazy, but that is just my opinion. When I was in college I had the opportunity to study abroad, and I absolutely fell in love with the idea and concept of living abroad for the rest of my life. The professors told us we would have “culture shock” when we arrived on foreign soil, and it may take us a few weeks to get used to a new way of living. But I was just the opposite. I never missed a beat. It was when I returned home to the U.S.; it took me almost six weeks to get out of my mini-state of depression.

Don’t misunderstand me, I love America, through and through. But coming back was just not the way of life I wanted to live. I loved the Italian way of life, their enjoyment for living and family; I feel that Americans are in too much of a hurry. But after being home for many years, graduating college and starting my adult life, I soon realized that this is the path I was meant to be on.

There are days that I sit and daydream about what life would be like in Europe, living a completely different lifestyle than what I have now. But I couldn’t imagine my life any different than it is today. I couldn’t imagine waking up every day without my babies climbing all over me or sleeping in the same bed as the wonderful husband I was blessed to marry.

They always say “Life isn’t greener on the other side of the fence”, and I completely agree with that. My philosophy is be blessed and appreciate what you have been given, the family you have, the friends you have, and the day to day routine you live. Because sometimes that life you “thought” you were meant to live doesn’t always come up roses; there is a reason you weren’t lead down that path.

I know I was meant to return to the states, endure my few bumps and bruises along the way, and live the life I am living. I couldn’t be happier with where I am. I have three great kids, a wonderfully kind and devoted husband, and we are about to move to our dream spot. So who could ask for anything more? Not this gal.

My feeling is to enjoy what you have, and make the best of your adventures or dreams while you are on them for temporary times in your life.

No comments: