Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I wish I had all the money in the world…




By: Samantha S. Daviss

We hear of all these stories about wonderfully lucky people who win the lottery, or have fabulous lifestyles or careers that their cash flow is endless. And I would love to be that wealthy…and not for the obvious reasons like wanting to have a villa in the heart of Tuscany, or a fabulous yacht, or live in the lap of luxury. But for the more obscure reasons, like paying it forward.

I hear and read about all of these generous stories of people paying for airline tickets for wounded soldiers to go see family, or an attorney helping out his waiter with severe dental issues and paying $25,000 to have his teeth repaired, or paying for a veteran’s meal at a restaurant. Now the meal I could probably swing, but I want to be able to pay for every veteran or active duty service man or woman’s meal, every time I see them.

To have all of the money in the world, or at least a nice chunk, I want to help those that need helping. I want to fill the kitty on Make a Wish Foundation, I want to be able to pay for families who haven’t seen their loved ones in years to fly home for a visit. I want to fulfill dreams of kids who have never seen the ocean or felt the salt water on their skin, or for that matter had a chance to fly in an airplane.

Basically I want to give those in need a chance at adventure. If they have to walk 50 miles to work every day, I want to be able to buy them a new car. I would love to start a scholarship fund for students from my hometown to attend my alma mater.

I want to bless people with a life worth living, and a life they deserve. There are so many people out there who have offered their services to our great nation through the military or just working a minimum wage job to support their families and give them the best lives they can, I would love nothing more than to give to those people.

If a person wasn’t able to finish their high school degree or college degree, I would love nothing more than to pay for them to finish school and change their stars.

What a wonderful gift that would be for me to afford people the lifestyles they deserve and have worked so hard for. I want to say thank you to all those in need. I want to protect them, open shelters, open job opportunities, and want to be someone who could change the world one person, one smile, or life at a time.

But there again is that one minor hurdle…the fact that I don’t have all of these extra piles of cash laying around. But maybe someday I will be blessed with the lottery and can pay it forward. I would of course do it all anonymously, I want no recognition, no praise, and no appreciation…I just want to see the smiles on faces, the happy tears in their eyes, and the eternal gratitude that in some small way their life has been changed.

No comments: