Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 18, 2016

Lordy, Lordy, Look Who’s forty




By: Samantha S. Daviss

Well, unlike most women, I am being honest and telling my age. Yep I turn 40 this year, actually in just a little over a month. And you know what? I couldn’t be more excited, truly.

I feel great, although I know I could squeeze in a bit more exercise; I’ve decided to make this year the year I start caring for myself. I will not neglect anyone in my life, especially my kids or my husband. 
But I have decided to start taking longer baths, or longer walks, or get a massage every now and then.

I love my life and what I do, and how busy I am. But I have decided that this gal needs a little “me time”, outside of work, the kids, and being a wife.

In my 40 years, I know most of you all are saying, oh you young thing. And you are right, I am young. I am not saying 40 is old by any means. Heck, I still chase a 4 and 5-year-old around. I still water ski, snow ski, play outside, zip line, you name it I’ll try (ALMOST) anything once.

Nope, I have decided to talk about my age, because I have learned a lot in my 40 years of life.
·      
   I have learned that not everyone likes me, and that is okay.
·        
 I have learned that I don’t like everyone, and that is okay.
·       
  I have learned that my body is not perfect, but it did create three perfect human beings.
·       
  I have learned that no matter what life throws your way, you can and will survive. You just have to have faith in yourself, lean on your friends and family, and pray.
·        
 I have discovered what makes me happy, other than my family…and that is writing.
·       
  I have one special spot in the entire world that really makes my heart tick…Italy.
·        
 I have traveled, I have seen a lot of places in the world and met a lot of different people.
·     
    I listen to my friends. I pray for my friends, and I have been very selective in my friendships, so as not to create any drama in my life.
·     
    I have learned that a drama free life is the best life.
·      
   I have learned that my children are my heart and soul, and my little buddies, and my laugh factories.
·      
   I have learned that my parents love me and always will love me unconditionally.
·        
 Most importantly, I have learned that even though we don’t always see eye to eye or agree, my husband is my very best friend. He knows me better than anyone, and he loves me regardless of my quirks. And he truly is my other half. Every time he reaches for my hand, my heart still flutters; every time he kisses me I know he is my protector; and most importantly, he has seen my heart break and I know he will do everything in his power from allowing that to happen again.

Turning 40, to me, is fantastic. I finally have it together, I am finally comfortable with me, and I am comfortable in my own skin. I say a friendly hello to everyone I see, and I truly mean it. I give a hug to most, and I truly mean it. There is nothing fake or pretentious about me. In my mind, life is too short to be focused on you and only you. I live every day I have been given to its fullest.

No comments: